Mental Health Crisis and Support Lines
988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
The lifeline provides free and confidential support for people in distress or in crisis or for people who are supporting someone in crisis. Available in English and Spanish 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Call, text, or visit us online for FREE and CONFIDENTIAL support.
Crisis Text Line
Connect with a volunteer Crisis Counselor.
Find FREE 24/7 support at your fingertips.
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
This is a free and confidential information and referral service for individuals and families struggling with mental health challenges and/or substance use disorders. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (English and Spanish).
My Mental Health: Do I Need Help?
Answer a few questions and review your symptoms to decide if you should seek professional help.
Responde preguntas y revisa los síntomas para decidir si debes buscar ayuda profesional.
First, determine how much your symptoms interfere with your daily life.
Do I have mild symptoms that have lasted for less than 2 weeks?
- Feeling a little down
- Feeling down, but still able to do job, schoolwork, or housework
- Some trouble sleeping
- Feeling down, but still able to take care of yourself or take care of others
If so, here are some self-care activities that can help:
- Exercising (e.g., aerobics, yoga)
- Engaging in social contact (virtual or in person)
- Getting adequate sleep on a regular schedule
- Eating healthy
- Talking to a trusted friend or family member
- Practicing meditation, relaxation, and mindfulness
If the symptoms above do not improve or seem to be worsening despite self-care efforts, talk to your healthcare provider.
Do I have severe symptoms that have lasted 2 weeks or more?
- Difficulty sleeping
- Appetite changes that result in unwanted weight changes
- Struggling to get out of bed in the morning because of mood
- Difficulty concentrating
- Loss of interest in things you usually find enjoyable
- Unable to perform usual daily functions and responsibilities
- Thoughts of death or self-harm
Seek professional help:
- Psychotherapy (talk therapy) - virtual or in person; individual, group, or family
- Brain stimulation therapies
For help finding treatment, visit nimh.nih.gov/findhelp.
Was this resource helpful?
Still need help?
Please complete this form, and we will be in contact with you.
Please be advised that form submissions are only reviewed during school office hours, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If this is an emergency, please call 911 or the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988.